Monday, June 13, 2016

WALKING OUT ALIVE: Artist Statement


On May 2nd I embarked on an amazing two week journey called The March of the Living. Jewish teenagers, staff, and survivors from all across the globe traveled to Poland with different delegations. In Poland we toured a number of concentration camps and took part in a three kilometer march from Auschwitz to Birkenau. After the one week in Poland we traveled to Israel to celebrate Israel’s Memorial Day and Independence Day. With this exhibition/blog I hope to not only underscore some of the highlights from my trip, but also to put you in my shoes on my journey so that together we can celebrate walking out of the treacherous concentration camps and into the streets of Jerusalem and proclaim, “never again!” with the names and stories of those who perished in the Holocaust filling our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment